Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dear Jay,
I just wanted to share something with you (and hopefully all of our pray-ers) that will hopefully brighten your days.

A long time ago, I asked all of you to pray for our son, Nathan (28), and his wife, Tracy. They were married outside the Church on June 7, 2007. Her annulment was finally granted on Dec. 8th (the Feast of the Immaculate Conception! J), and they were married in the Church on December 20th.DEFINITELY my Christmas present - a HUGE prayer answered!

Before their marriage in the Church, they both went to Confession. While Nathan was with the priest, Fr. Tim, he was asked, "Nathan, do you have a devotion to our Blessed Mother?" He was a bit embarrassed by this question, and replied, "Well, I don't really have a devotion to anyone in particular." Fr. Tim said, "Oh, Nathan, if you want a holy marriage, you must have a devotion to our Blessed Mother!" You must understand that, although I was thrilled, I was also SHOCKED that my son was sharing any of this with me. Fr. Tim also asked them if they had done their marriage preparation, and they told him "no". He said, "Well, after you return from the holidays, we'll get that taken care of, OK?" The priest at our Catholic Church in Br... just married them.without this preparation! Yes, Tracy has had these instructions, but our son had never been married. I am SO grateful that God has answered my - no, OUR - prayers in such a way that I could have never imagined!

But, this gets better! We, in the International Divine Mercy Prayer Chain have been praying for these two. The day of their confessions, Fr. Tim was telling Nathan all about Divine Mercy Sunday, and the devotion to Our Lord's Divine Mercy! He told Father that he had been raised with that.that he and his siblings and mother had always prepared for Divine Mercy Sunday. BUT.when your mother "forces" you to do these things, and the priest at your parish never mentions them, resentment can set in. The night Nathan was telling me all about this conversation with his priest, he asked me, "Mom, why aren't the people at St. M... in Br... taught about this stuff? It is SO important!" Who knows why.we must pray! This is why we left St. M... January of 1998 to go to Holy Rosary in nearby Indianapolis. Our parish just held it's annual Lenten Forty Hours - we're probably the ONLY parish in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis who still does THAT! A HOLY priest, Father James Jackson, FSSP came to speak to us about the Four Last Things: Death, Judgment, Heaven & Hell. AWESOME!!!!

And, the ULTIMATE: last night Nathan called to tell us that he and Tracy are moving to a bigger place - a condo, rather than the apartment he's lived in the past two years. Then, all of a sudden he asks me: Do you have Sr. Faustina's Diary? I told him yes.and we continued to talk about the Feast of Divine Mercy and preparing for it - for.oh.at least half an hour!!!! I ordered them Divine Mercy in My Soul first thing this morning! I wish I could sing from a mountain top: Our God is such an awesome God.His Mercy is unfathomable!!! JESUS, I TRUST IN YOU!

I SO hope that you can share this with everyone in our International Divine Mercy Prayer Chain.and thank them from the bottom of my heart for ALL their prayers! OH! I just forwarded to Nathan and Tracy the last letter I received from you - the March Update (3/25)! Who knows? Perhaps they will be pray-ers 1002 and 1003?!?

THANKS TO ALL! JESUS, I TRUST IN YOU!

Sincerely and gratefully,

Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment