Tuesday, December 15, 2009


Dear Jay,

Words cannot convey what I feel for what you and so many others have done for my mother at the time of her death. I simply watched her tense face go from that confused look that Alzheimer's patients have, to a total state of relaxation and comfort. She actually looked as if she was snuggling next to the Heart of Jesus with the way she moved her face into her pillow. Her face fell from taught and tight to total relaxation that was missing from her for so long.

She literally looked as if she went back in time to a way I remember her face looking when she was well.

I am so thankful for all the prayers and the recitation of the Chaplet for my mom from all those who prayed. It has given us much peace to see such a beautiful witness from the Mercy of Our God.

My sister and I spoke many months previous to my mom's death that it would be such a blessing for her if the Sacred Heart would take her home on His special day. We even went and looked at a calender to see when it was this year. We prayed that if it be God's will, it would happen!

My mother lived with us for 24 years of our 42 married years and so I could not imagine our lives without her. I am a very emotional person and to be honest, I worried how I would hold up when she died. Well, I cannot explain with all the hell I saw her go through with this awful disease. To see her on her death bed transform into such peace from all the graces that prayer can give, not to mention how she would respond to us as we would bring Jesus to her every Tuesday morning from Mass. We would say the prayers then say "Mom, This Is The Body Of Christ" and she would open her mouth and receive without a problem. This is a person who normally would not respond to anyone...but yet, for that quick moment she seemed to understand.

On the day of her passing, she received the Sacrament of the Dying from our Parish Priest. June 19th, was also The Feast of The Sacred Heart and the first day of The Year of The Priest! The prayers from family and friends and especially from your very special group of people praying the Chaplet was awesome. Because of all of these graces, I felt such peace, comfort and courage I didn't even know I had. What an awesome gift in so many ways. I felt such a joy and peace that I kept smiling because of what God showed us on that day.
Our 7 yr old grandson who was with us said this: "Mema, isn't it cool to know that the people that we have known and loved and touched in this world have seen God?" Amazing.


So, we thank you Jay, and all who pray for those who are dying and who are close to dying from mortal sin. It is such a gift we have as Catholics to pray for the Church Militant and The Church Suffering and the Grace and Peace people can receive from your prayers and the graces you receive to for doing that for others.

Thank you all so much, for helping me to let go and to see something I was so afraid to see, give me such peace and hope and love. God Bless you all. We will keep you all in our prayers too.

Finally, to see my mom featured on The Divine Mercy website is just overwhelming! God Bless you all!! http://thedivinemercy.org/news/story.php?NID=3762

Margaret and Bryan Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment