Friday, September 3, 2010



Dear All,

There is nothing IMPOSSIBLE with our Lord, Jesus, He has answered my prayers! He has done a Great Miracle in my daughter’s life “PRAISE YOU LORD JESUS, THANK YOU LORD JESUS, ALLELUIAH”

Please read on…..


Sincerely yours,

Ophelia Soares



Quote :


INDEED, I AM BLESSED!! :) :) My testimony:)

by Luan Soares on Thursday, 26 August 2010 at 20:27

I am writing this note from the very depths of my heart cause I have been touched by my Lord on this day, the 22nd of August 2010.

For all of you who know me very personally, you would definitely know that I have been having suffering from a physical ailment ever since the time I was born. The etiology being idiopathic ;) I have been limping around since childhood, as my left leg had been shorter than my right and so is my left arm, shorter in length than my right arm. After coming to Manipal, I had consulted the ortho doctors about my problem and they said my feet were, in medical terms, equinovarus and a minor clubfoot (inward turning of the feet) (duh! I already knew that!) which they said they could correct by ‘trying' surgery on me but they also said they could never guarantee that it would be successful and plus the leg which would be operated would be severely scarred. so I chickened out, for my own good. cause I thought limping is better than having to undergo anything worse after the surgery. I was used to it anyways.

Today i had attended a small retreat organized by my own parish in Manipal, Christ Church. One of the speakers for the day was Fr. Michael Payapally (hope I've spelt it correctly) from the Divine Retreat Centre, Potta, Kerala. His teachings, like, "The Lord will fight for you and you only have to keep still." Exodus 14:14 & Jesus saying "you are neither hot nor cold and therefore I will spit you out of my mouth", among various things, really touched my heart for the 1st time (which is unusual for me, considering how I am) He also advised us to "Make decisions based on God, not based on our comfort" and that whenever we are faced by trials or worries, God promises and assures us that He will do 'something' about it. It may not necessarily be what we expect but He will do 'something'. and so, whenever we have problems, we should bring only our problems to Jesus not the solutions we wish He would work on them. cause God's angle of view is different and He sees things in angles we could never even imagine!!

During the healing session, father asked us to pray about the ONE MOST IMPORTANT thing that we wanted from God. and as I always do, I 1st prayed about my limp leg this time as well. slowly, father called out names of the people who were healed from the crowd and I kept begging God to choose me amongst them as well, getting Jealous of them. and then God flashes in my mind the thing that was holding me back from receiving His grace. i.e. in my mind since many years I had been in denial about the existence and the power of the Holy Spirit and also been doubting and disregarding His importance, and since my childhood,

I had also given up faith on our Infant Jesus as I felt let down by Him while I was a child, just cause He must have not fulfilled my desires back then. I thus, humbly begged mercy and pardon for this all and at that very moment, I felt a very strong circular vibration in my left knee, like a motor was at work. It was evident even through my jeans as my left leg couldn't stop trembling. I was hopeful that father would call my name out at any moment now, as I was experiencing this wonderful feeling as I continued praying and begging Jesus to have mercy and heal my leg. However, father never did and I consoled myself thinking that it wasn't my turn today and God had some other plan. The strong vibratic trembling in my left knee ceased only after the final blessing of the Holy Eucharist.

But, as I walked towards the bus stand, I noticed a positive change in the placement of my feet. they had become straight!! gosh! I'm not kidding! I was suddenly walking straight without making any conscious effort at all!! My classmate who was with me at the time, confirmed, after a lot of walking about, that she couldn't see a limp anymore and that my feet had straightened out. what's more, I also checked my arms, stretched them out, and you won't believe it, they had become of equal length too!!

I rang up my parents and they were on top of the world. Laugh o loud, my pop acted as St. Thomas for a while and said he wouldn't believe unless he saw me with his very eyes!! haha! the whole hostel practically came to my room and congratulated me, made me walk about and hugged me and cried with me when I walked STRAIGHT!!

I cannot express the joy I feel inside me right now!! I am speechless at the grace bestowed upon me by my most gracious Jesus! I mean, who would've thought or even imagined that I, the most unworthy of all people would be blessed so much like this. I have tears in my eyes as I write this right now. cause I'm really really really happy! I can walk now just like any other person! 23 years of walking with a limp and now in 2 blessed hours, no limp! and I'm blessed that my God has chosen ME to be a witness of this most sacred miracle!! PRAISE THE LORD FOREVER!! ALL PRAISE AND HONOR BE UNTO HIM! THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU JESUS! THANK YOU HOLY SPIRIT! THANK YOU MAMA MARY!! :) :)

Please continue to keep me in your prayers!

7 comments:

seshidhar said...

Dear Friends,
I beg all of you to pray for my Beloved Friend SUJATHA MALLAVARAPU who is making her Annual Retreat.Kindly Pray that she may experience him more and more in this journey.May this retreat be a turning point in her life.
Yours In Christ,
Seshi

Unknown said...

my lord and my god, i had been jobless for more than two and half years
since graduation.i cant earn a single penny after my education.i tried many
jobs, exams and miserably failed.i have a technical exam on coming dec 9th
morning.i fear whether i will fail in this exam too..exam is beyond my
ability , knowledge . exam is extremely tough such that i am competing with
more than 20000 applicants with only 28 vacancies.this exam is my last
hope.this is my last chance to get a job. i can get this only through
gods's miracle and blessings.please do pray and rosary for me to achieve
the top position in this exam and get appointed to this job

Unknown said...

My lord, i had been jobless for more than 2 years and 9 months since engineering graduation. i tried many jobs and exams and failed.i lose my heart in finding a job.i have a technical exam on this week 9th dec at 7.30-9.15 am.i fear whether i fail in this exam too.this exam is my last hope to acquire a job.i am trying my best . i am so worried and nervous about results.i have to compete with a tough crowd of 15000 who have gone for coaching, who are experinced and who are too brighter than me.i feel like i can't make this choice for my job. it is like a david and goliath fight.many time in competitive exams the god's intervention will out perform the ability of the applicants.my father will resign from job within 6 months . we are at the verge of collapse.exam is of 100 objective questions with 4 options.during analysing i will arrive at 2 options which are relatively matching.if i pick wrong one my future is gone for ever.the key published by them will be final.out of 100 thirty five questions will be unknown,tricky.the one who made it correct will get this job.i need net 70 marks to get this job.god grant me your wisdom to find the ultimate right answer.god send me your holy angels and holy spirit to guide me to right answers .god please answer me in my inner mind with your holy spirit.if don't i can't make this chance.i can't do anything without god..i can get this job only through god's intervention, blessing and miracle.i am waiting for god's action in my life.i am trusting in your capabilities.please intensively pray and rosary for me to achieve top position in exam and get appointed to this job.please remember my request in your daily mass.

Unknown said...

This is the one prayer i am in love the most!Pray this prayer everyday with all our petitions in mind.Divine mercy works wonders.And i also would like to join the divine mercy prayer group in interceding for others.

Anonymous said...

plz pray that i may pass in all my subjects

sonia said...

Please pray for my husband Augustus sunny gomes so that Jesus may bless him with a good job soon. He is jobless for about 2 years.Please pray for me so that Jesus may bless us with children soon.We are married for 5 years but we don't have any children yet. please pray for me as i am a diabetic may Jesus bless me .may i be able to conceive become pregnant and give birth to healthy babies without any complications
Alleluiah! Praise the Lord

Paul said...

Please pray for my wife who is pregnant to have a safe and normal delivery and for my unborn baby. Pray for our formation to be Secular Franciscans and to be missionaries. Pray for us to have the strength to endure all sufferings in life and to become saints trusting in God's providence and mercy. Please pray for us to forgive others and to lead a holy life doing God's will. We want to become instruments of God in saving souls and baptism in the Holy Spirit.

Post a Comment