Wednesday, August 24, 2011



Jay –

I wanted to send a note of Thanksgiving to Jesus for the miracle which happened in our lives. As you know, I try to pray the Chaplet daily and my intentions are for the Poor Holy Souls in Purgatory, the sick and dying, those about to commit mortal sin, those in my and the 24hourchaplet prayer list and for the protection of my children. This last intention was answered on Friday morning.

My two 15 year olds were riding to school in a Honda Accord with a friend and her mother since they will not turn 16 for another couple of weeks. They were in the back seat with my daughter on the passenger side and my son on the driver side. The car had stopped at a green light on busy Germantown road in front of the school, waiting for the traffic to clear so that they could turn left and onto school property. When the light turned yellow, they saw all the cars stopping and began the left turn, but unfortunately, a man decided to speed up and run the light. He plowed right into the passenger side of the car, knocking them into another car off which they bounced onto the grass on the side of the road. The Honda was heavily damaged and the doors would not open. Fire trucks and paramedics were called and the “Jaws of Life” was employed to open the little car and get all four people out. They were all placed on boards and transported by ambulance to the emergency room where the doctor were waiting.

Unbelievably, no one was harmed, aside from some minor cuts from flying glass. X-rays were taken but everyone was fine – a little shook up, but fine. I know that Jesus took care of my kids (and their friends) just as I had prayed and I am so very humbly thankful. Jesus, I trust in you!!

David Z

No comments:

Post a Comment