Sunday, October 16, 2011


Hello Jay and the community of Divine Mercy,

I hope you are well.

We (5 guys) all did our entry on Sunday August 14th into the Novitiate and the first year Novices (8) entering into first vows and the others (11) were renewing their vows were done on the Assumption at the Divine Mercy Shrine the Order's Shrine in Stockbridge Massachusetts - awesome

Both days were nice services and all the new novices were altar severs for the Mass for the profession of vows (I had to be on my knees for quite some time since I was the book bearer and the Priest sat down for the profession of vows, which 8 novices were making first vows and 11 were renewing there vows and I had to be kneeling for all of them to read, so I hope God accepts that as offerings and prayers, especially for the souls in purgatory). After wearing the Cassock I do not understand how a Priest does not want to wear his clerics.

Things are pretty good here and we get along pretty much. There is a lot of chores, but much time for prayer and reading and some recreation. Of course some time for quick power naps since we get 5-7 hours sleep and very early - 6:45am prayer so I learn to be a morning person :( After coffee :) and I know some orders get up a lot earlier - and many times lack of sleep is my stupidity in go late to bed, which is being curved slowly?????

The first thing that was with our dinner the day I arrived was Doritos Chips, so I think Jesus is letting me know that it is where I belong and should be, even though I like them too much and have eaten too many of them, but I am not eating too many chips here.
But, I have gain a little weight, but not from chips, just the lunch and dinners are quite carbohydrates full - I am surprising myself and going on the treadmill a few times a week - slow speed, but for some one avoiding exercising for quite some time ...almost a miracle

We start novitiate class tomorrow, which is learning about the religious life in general, about the Marian Order and serving at the Mass, of course like most places also etc. Many chores and some regular manual labour - Welcome to the Religious Life. Work and prayer :)

Of course we got to explore a bit of DC I am not to big on it, but there is an art gallery with much religious art I hope to see, and other Catholic Shrines close by - we visited some already, and their is a great and beautiful Church close to the Dc house about 5 minutes away. Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception - it is America's Catholic Shrine. I am already serving there a few times

(The Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land, is close by which has quite a bit of recreated Holy Land Sites and Churches and under their main Church is a replica of the Catacombs the old burials sites of the very earlier Christians I was blown away. I don't have to go to Rome.)

Anyway the Priest and Novice Master tells us to get ready for our beat-downs, which really means that we must be prepared to let go of old attachments and be ready for many changes etc and except them - One big one for me is getting up at 9;30 am and now it is 6:00am :) and more things to come, but all I need to say is Jesus I trust in you, make some effort and keep at it :) If this is my calling and I will hopefully remain and persevere.

God Bless and I will keep you in my prayers
take care
With Jesus through Mary always.

Alex (a hopeful Marian Priest in the making)

No comments:

Post a Comment